Now it's just as important that your child continues practising and developing their mathematical knowledge.
Please encourage them to:
- Count from 0 to 20 and then back again
- Practise recognising numerals from 0 to 20
- Practise writing numerals from 0 to 20
- Order numbers from 0 to 20
- Saying one more and one less than a given number
- Practise counting objects by saying one number name for each item
- add and subtract single digit numbers
- solve problems, including doubling, halving and sharing.
Here are a few resources and websites to support your child's learning. Please adapt the activities to support the needs of your child, or use them as a starting point then change to provide your child with more questions or different scenarios. A quick reminder, it is really important you provide your child with objects and visual aids, as this will help your child in developing a secure understanding of each concept.