The Governing Body of Bentley St Paul's.
The responsibilities of the Governing Body of Bentley St Paul's include:
- Setting strategic direction, objectives, targets and policies.
- Reviewing progress against the budget, plans and targets.
- Approving the school budget.
- Acting as a critical friend to the head teacher by providing support and challenge.
- Appointing the head teacher.
Governors are responsible for helping to provide an environment in which a good quality education can be delivered. The Governing body meets each term and relies on committees to advise their decisions.
Governors are expected to attend termly meetings and to serve on committees where they have an interest or can add value. Committees address issues such as staffing, finance, curriculum and premises.