This week's RE. is about researching Hindu festivals.
You will need to research a festival ( in blue below) and using the word processor of Purple Mash to present your ideas.
The pink sections below show you the things to focus on.
You can print out your work or email it to me.
Can I explore Hindu festivals?
- Look at pictures and watch film clips showing how festivals are celebrated.
- , use the internet or information books to research a Hindu festival. Using PurpleMash, present findings to the rest of the class.
- Is there a story associated with the festival being studied? What is the story? What happens during the festival to remind Hindus of the story?
- What is the meaning of the festival for Hindus? Many festivals (e.g. Holi, Divali, Dassehra) celebrate the triumph of good (represented by gods and goddesses) over evil (represented by demons). Many festivals (e.g. Saraswati Puja, Durga Puja, Ganesh Chaturthi) remind Hindus of samsara (the cycle of life, death and reincarnation).
- Use the internet and/or information books to find out about festivals in different religions with a similar theme to a Hindu festival, e.g.
- What similarities and differences are there in the way the festivals are celebrated?
Write an explanation text about the Hindu festival you researched and it’s similarities and differences to other religious festivals.